A little care can go a long way in prolonging the usable life of your garments. Here are some tips to get the most out of your wardrobe:
- Clean garments frequently to keep them fresh and crisp looking. Not only do stains set with age, ground-in dirt and soil act as an abrasive, causing rapid wear of fibers. Insects also are attracted to soiled clothes and will cause further damage.
- Always clean matching items together (this is also a good tip for household items). Some dyes may fade with repeated cleaning, causing color variances in matching items not cleaned together.
- If you spill something on your clothes, always blot the stain, and don’t rub. Rubbing stains can cause color loss and fabric damage.
- Skin preparations should always be applied to the skin and never directly onto garments to minimize color loss.
- Don’t skimp on cleaning your clothes. Give all specialty items (evening wear, wedding dresses, etc.) the attention and professional care they deserve.
- Always clean clothes before storing them to prevent stains, color loss, and fabric damage.
- Atmospheric conditions may contribute to discoloration and, in some cases, fabric damage. When storing clothes in a closet, minimize direct sunlight and don’t expose them to bright artificial light.
- Always discuss potential problems with your cleaner. The more information you provide, the better service we can give your clothes.